Dental Implant Restorations
Colorado Springs, CO
Even if all the proper precautions are taken, there is still a risk that comes along with any surgical procedure. Here at Todd Rogers Dental, we will do whatever it takes to make sure that your implants are secure and healthy. However, should something go wrong, rest assured that there are a variety of solutions. We can get you healthy and back on track in no time!
When Does an implant need to be restored?
When getting dental implants installed, it is important to know that no surgical procedure is 100% risk-free. However, 95-98% of the time, your implant procedure, and the healing process will go off without a hitch, with proper care. That leaves us, though, with 2% or more implants that fail. The reasons why can be a little complicated and there are wide variations between each patient. For example, an implant may fail due to bone density. Bone density plays a large part in implant strength and permanence and must be carefully examined before the implant is installed. However, should the bone density be overestimated and insufficient, your body may reject the implant.
You may also experience failed osseointegration in which the post simply does not fuse with your jawbone correctly. This can account for a loose post or one that has completely fallen out. Infection due to improper maintenance can also cause problems like rejection. This is because the post is lost as collateral damage as your body attacks the infection. The post simply gets in the way. This can happen for several reasons, including issues from smoking to improper anesthetic for your body.
The Implant Restoration Process
Your health is our number one concern, so we pride ourselves on the knowledge and expertise we use to help you heal after such an unfortunate event. Firstly, we can try to put the implant in a second time. After we remove the first and give it sufficient time to heal, we can then repeat the process. This may require us to rebuild bone structure with a bone grafting procedure, but at that point, we can closely monitor the situation to ensure your safety and the implant’s strength. Another reason that an implant may be rejected is an allergic reaction to the metal. If that was the case, we could use a different material to eliminate that prospect.
Some issues are simple to repair and can be done from within your mouth. If there was a slight shift in the angle of the implant while it was healing, we could put a splint or other form of support in place to reverse the effects. This, though, is only an option with two-piece titanium implants.
If something goes wrong with your dental implant, you can be sure that Todd Rogers Dental will be at your side every step of the way until we diagnose and repair the problem. We want you looking and feeling your best and would be more than happy to help restore the look and function of your implants.